Friday, February 27, 2009

Jennifer Kydd Et Steve Byers

'm in the clouds

think that when I was small, the phrase "in the clouds " was disqualifying and dangerous. You're in the clouds in class: you have a one. You're in the clouds in the kitchen, boiled milk. You're in the clouds in the street, honk, the light had not changed.

a teenager in the clouds was tolerated and was about romantic reverie 99% of the time.

now in the clouds is not out you just turn on the Twin Towers (I swear to God I did) or do not realize that you hit a cut in the portfolio and made with your meager salary.

But my life have appeared in a new clouds, clouds of words that I fell in love at first sight. I speak, I wink, share their burden with me immediately. Have had success, and his name included quirky, and very dospuntocero stamp. Lies, my poor bespoken clouds.

They are (trumpets sound ) the tag clouds.

Girls' blogs pampered serious people who writes about Technology (without tilde) or Networks, or important things like Viral Marketing or things like half pajaronas google curiosities.
tags clouds reveal, to the beat of the eye, what will the thing just entered a site or a blog, out of curiosity. I have saved enormous time: look at the cloud of tags and see a huge palabrĂ³n Conference noted for example ... I run fast and without guilt or shame. A site that has the word art or entertainment in its cloud, called me to stay. And so ...

Now, I've gone a step further. I started to use the tool of the clouds of tags so that other people used them as I do: as reference points and triggers for ideas, looking at him something like the knights shoes (this is a hobby of mine, I can do ) or when you are getting to know a person, look at some revealing detail (do not know ... if you sit on the edge or the center of the chair, if he raises his voice when he thinks he is right, things like that )


So I invented a device worthy enough of rip, mix & learn which is also part 2.0 style. We applied for the first time in a seminar for students of mathematics, then used it in an Internet course and education, and now I'm recycling to evaluate a series of workshops and lectures.

is this:

  1. GoogleDocs Use a form to ask the questions that led to the tag

  2. I meet all the words contained in the docs, the command (usually with a tool such office, well, whatever has a function "order") and if some can be grouped, the grouped. For example if they appear the words: happy happy happy put "happiness " three times and now. Ok, is a bit of cannibalism, but it works best
  3. Dump all the words in the web of TagCrowd and left to form the tag cloud.
  4. Finally the capture, sometimes the coloring (sometimes not ...) and expose it where it can see / admire / appreciate / serve as a kick off.
Here is a sample tag, just look at and test answers ... What question answer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment