Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sore Throat And Menstration

The technology does not speak Spanish goddess

technology The goddess does not speak English. I read that phrase in my time college student in an educational policy point. In Open Veins ... , Galeano, yes. I twist to fight a bit with the teacher, who later became my colleague and my friend later. That are passed from xenophobic, hey. You do not win anything with eyes closed. Let's learn English well and in any case, metámonos ganémosle your field and the point from within. I tired of shit they can not use technology because the instructions are in English. If you are full of cartoons! The can follow any, che!


( And I felt the anger )


Today I was looking for data on this neogénero of writing that resembles cooking tips Doña Petrona, and is identified as " information pills. " Among many things quite entertaining (in the ride I forgot the original purpose of the search, as usual) I came across an article that talked about good design or good practices design, they should try to follow the instructions to do something.

A pill pills information about information.

address issues such as whether they should be text only or graphics only if the assembly instructions of an object needs to start with the image of the whole object, or whether it is better to "show" piece by piece. And more.

criticized some errors in transmitting instructions (which seemed curiously interesting didactic suggestions) to concepts such as assumptions, skip steps in the description, or wait until the end to warn what can happen to no longer this sequence ...
Y-icing on the cake, a special mention for curios and practical case (so labeled)

is a package of medicines and health-critical, led to a population with a high rate of literacy (illiterate, purists say, ok)

This device was used (say!) to distribute humanitarian aid in Afghanistan.
Let the humanitarian italic, but I get the guts.
This is a package that speaks . He tells the patient what is in the container, how to use the medicine, how often, contraindications, side effects, the due date.
award for my evil contraption called Rex .

Ok, but the idea is good, admittedly. Beyond the cost (I imagine, high) has his own idea. Let us think for the blind, for example. For seniors, who have difficulty reading. For illiterate, well, finally, too.
This container had a device that allowed it to be heard in Pashto, the local language of Afghanistan. Recorded by a human voice, the tone of Afghanistan, for more information.
And I think you put background a tune that began: Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light ... Goddess because technology does not speak English.
(Naa. latter is a lie ..)
(I)
(Ups! I'm giving ideas!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment